Car Accident Lawyers in Camden, SC
Camden is a charming little town, but even here drivers are likely to speed, drive recklessly, and cause accidents. Even though there are only two main highways in town, rt. 601 and rt. 1, we are close enough to interstate 20 to see our fair share of traffic.
Do I Really Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Camden, SC?
You know you’re likely entitled to compensation after a car accident caused by someone else’s mistake—but do you really need an attorney to get what you deserve? Car insurance companies might be interested in saving money, but they’re not going to leave victims without the money they need for medical care and lost wages, right?
Given the opportunity, car insurance companies absolutely will take advantage of victims by underpaying them and leaving them with too little money to pay their medical bills, repair bills, and other expenses. Once they have your signed liability waiver, they have what they want. It doesn’t matter if your injuries turn out to be far more expensive, they are done.
That’s why it is so important to have an attorney for your Camden auto crash. Personal injury attorneys know all of the tricks used by insurance companies and how far they will go to avoid a fair settlement. At Peake & Fowler, we also know what it takes to force their hand, so they negotiate in good faith. They don’t want to go to court—they stand to lose a lot, between court fees, attorney fees, and the potential for an even larger award.
With our assistance, you’ll avoid saying anything to harm your claim as you focus on your recovery. Just provide us with the evidence you have, and we’ll take care of everything.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries vary quite a bit from collision to collision, depending on how fast the cars were driving and what type of collision it was. Some of the injuries we see reported include:
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Infection from road rash
- Soft tissue damage
- Organ injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
What Causes Car Accidents in South Carolina?
Figuring out what caused your car accident can make it much easier to seek compensation. Statistics indicate that some of the most common causes of South Carolina collisions are:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to yield right of way
- Improper lane change
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Improper turns
Although most crashes can be attributed to human error, there are other reasons crashes may occur. These include:
- Unsafe road condition
- Debris on the road
- Obstructions in the road
- Pedestrian illegally in roadway
- Pedestrian improperly crossing the roadway
- Animal on the road
- Unsafe tires or wheels
- Malfunctioning brakes
- Steering failure
What You Should Do After a Collision
When you act quickly and stay calm after a crash, you can protect yourself from potential injuries and keep your legal options open. We recommend:
- Reporting the accident immediately. If your accident occurred within city limits, call the Camden Police Department. It’s important to have an accident report to submit to insurance and provide to your attorney.
- Checking for injuries. Check yourself and your passengers for obvious injuries. Note these when you call the accident in so they know if they need to send an ambulance.
- Collecting evidence. Photos, video footage, eyewitness testimony, and any documentation you get of the accident can be incredibly helpful to your attorney. Make copies of anything you get.
- Getting medical care. Once you have spoken to the police and you’re clear to leave the scene of the accident, go to get checked out by a doctor. You’ll want to identify any serious injuries right away so you can get the treatment you need. Local facilities include MUSC Health Kershaw Medical Center and Lowcountry Urgent Care. Keep copies of any bills, diagnostic tests, or reports you receive from the treating physician.
- Contacting an attorney. The sooner you connect with a Camden, SC personal injury lawyer, the better. You should talk to them before you talk to the other party’s insurance company since you don’t want to say anything that could hurt your claim. Your attorney can start analyzing evidence and investigating your case right away.
Protect Yourself—Call Peake & Fowler Now
At Peake & Fowler, we know just how devastating a car accident can be. We’re committed to helping you get through this challenging time with as little stress as possible. While you navigate doctors’ appointments and time off of work, let us tackle your legal needs. Set up a consultation with us now by calling 803-788-4370 or filling out this contact form