Why Hire Peake & Fowler
Trustworthy Columbia Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting in Your Corner
If you are suffering from an injury or dealing with the loss of a loved one, it is an emotional and challenging time for you and your family. It can be difficult to know who to trust when you need help with a legal matter, which is why Peake & Fowler has purposely tailored their practice to cases in which members of our community have been injured through the negligence of another.
Choosing a Skilled Columbia Personal Injury Attorney
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed after a serious injury or major loss in your family. If you’ve suffered an injury due to the negligence of another party, you don’t have to face this challenge alone.
Most people tend to think that accident claims are fairly straightforward. If someone hurts you and they are at fault, they or their insurance company should pay for the damages caused. Unfortunately, the increasing involvement of large insurance companies in accident claims complicates these cases. An insurance company’s purpose is to close their case as quickly and as inexpensively as possible, often to your detriment.
When you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be facing unpaid medical bills, lost time from work, and even permanent disability. Getting just compensation for your injuries takes knowledge, skill, and work, all of which the attorneys at Peake & Fowler bring to the table.
Reasons to Choose Peake & Fowler
At Peake & Fowler, our primary mission is to help victims of negligence due to auto accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, nursing home neglect & abuse, and workplace injuries. We are proud of our reputation as top South Carolina personal injury attorneys and will always fight for your rights. Some of the reasons that we think you should choose our firm include:
- Our Experience – Peake & Fowler has been serving clients in communities throughout Richland, Kershaw, and Lexington counties for over 15 years. Our firm’s founders, Charnell Peake and Tommy Fowler, along with our Associate Attorney, Robert Anthony Russo, have more than 100 years combined experience helping accident and injury victims in Columbia, South Carolina, and surrounding communities receive just compensation for their losses.
- Our Passion – Every member of our firm is passionate about helping people, both inside and outside the workplace. We have a strong passion for protecting the rights of those who have been injured through no fault of their own, which is why we are so successful with our cases. We are also deeply involved in our community through various organizations and charities.
- Our Local Ties – When you hire a personal injury attorney in Columbia, you want someone who knows the area and who preferably has some local ties. Charnell Peake was born and raised in Columbia and is a graduate of the University of South Carolina. Charnell continues to live in Columbia where he and his family are active in the community. Tommy Fowler was also born and raised in Columbia and is a University of South Carolina alumni. Tommy and his family continue to live in northeast Columbia where they are active in various community projects.
- Our Focus – Unlike some large law firms that practice in many areas, our firm is 100% dedicated to helping the victims of injuries and accidents in the Columbia area. Our focus solely on personal injury and workplace accidents allows us to dedicate all of our resources to your case, always working towards the best possible outcome. We prepare every case as if we were going trial, communicating our intention to aggressively defend your rights to every opposing party and insurance company.
- Our Client Service – Peake & Fowler is a full-service law firm that strives to give its clients peace of mind. Our commitment to client service means that we do all of the heavy lifting on your case while you concentrate on your recovery. If you have questions about your case, we are always available with answers. Our goal is to get you well and work to obtain fair and just compensation for your injuries as quickly as possible.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation in Every Case
Over the years, we have handled more than 10,000 personal injury cases of every imaginable type. Our attorneys work efficiently and diligently on each case, and we have recovered millions in settlements and court judgments.
We take each case personally and won’t back down until we are satisfied that the best possible outcome has been obtained. Our attorneys will continue to push your case forward, and we don’t back off for fear of litigation or trial. We are always prepared to take a case to trial if we feel that this is the route that will bring the best result.
Our years of experience have given us the tools to help you bring your case to best conclusion possible, which means that we will always pursue the maximum compensation for you and your loved ones.
Why You Must Be Candid with Your Personal Injury Lawyer
Protect Your Credibility as a Victim
First, you have to be candid with your attorney so they can protect your credibility as an accident victim. You’d be surprised how low insurance companies will go to undercut victims and make them look dishonest. They do this to limit how much they have to pay you and cast doubt on your version of events. When you give your attorney the full story, they have the information they need to protect your credibility and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Your Attorney Has Your Best Interests in Mind
Your attorney is there to represent you and help you get compensation for your accident. Hiding something from them is directly contrary to your best interests. Assume that anything you try to hide in a personal injury claim will come up at some point, because it always does. If you hide something from your attorney, you aren’t helping your case. You’re just making it harder for them to argue that you still deserve a certain amount of compensation in light of new information.
Not sure what is relevant to your personal injury claim? Make sure you follow these tips as you communicate with your personal injury lawyer.
1. Tell Them About Any Previous Injuries
Some people hide preexisting injuries or conditions because they are afraid that their current injuries will be blamed on the old injuries. Even if a preexisting injury is affected in an accident, that does not mean you aren’t entitled to compensation. Your injury would not have gotten worse without the accident, and so the other party should still be held responsible for compensating you for your loss.
2. Disclose Prior Claims
If you have a history of personal injury claims, particularly those similar to your most recent accident, it is crucial to tell your attorney about them. Before the insurance company even reaches out to you for the first time, you can bet that they are running your personal information to see if you have filed claims in the past.
A history of personal injury claims may indicate that you are falsifying claims or trying to take advantage of insurance companies, which is why insurance providers jump on this so quickly. If your attorney knows about your previous personal injury claims, they can account for them as they build your case and ensure that they don’t weaken your chances of receiving full and fair compensation.
3. Let Your Attorney Know About Any Other Legal Issues
Unfortunately, insurance companies have no issues using previous legal problems against you. This includes everything from shoplifting and speeding tickets to DUIs and violent crime. This is all part of their campaign to make you look unreliable and undeserving of compensation. Don’t bother trying to hide your criminal history from your attorney or the other party’s insurance company.
Peake & Fowler Will Advocate For You
When you decide to work with Peake & Fowler, you don’t just hire a lawyer; you get an entire legal team that will work as your advocates. Our team will immediately start building your case to prove negligence and document damages. We communicate directly with the decision-makers on your case so that the wheels of progress begin moving as quickly as possible. If you need continuing medical care or specialists, our team will also provide referrals so that you can get the best care.
Always Fighting For Your Best Interests
At Peake & Fowler, we keep the focus of your case on your particular needs. We understand that every case is unique and always make sure that we use every tool at our disposal to help you succeed. Our knowledgeable and aggressive attorneys will hold insurance companies accountable in your case and demand fair compensation every step of the way.
Request Your Free Case Review With Our Team
The attorneys at Peake & Fowler are ready to assist you in pursuing just financial compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have both earned a reputation for success in the Columbia are and have the experience to help with your personal injury case. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the carelessness of another person, or if you have lost a loved one due to wrongful death, contact Peake & Fowler in Columbia at 803-788-4370 to schedule a free consultation.
9357 Two Notch Road
Columbia, South Carolina 29223
Phone: (803) 788-4370
fax: (803) 788-7432
Peake & Fowler Law Firm, P.A., is located in Columbia, SC and serves clients in and around Newberry, Lexington, Sumter, Allendale, Orangeburg, St. Matthews, Bishopville, Florence, Blythewood, State Park, Eastover, Columbia, Elgin, Irmo, Hopkins, Ridgeway, Lugoff, Ballentine, West Columbia, Kershaw, Camden, Dusty Bend, and Richland County, Lexington County, Calhoun County, Orangeburg County, Sumter County, Kershaw County, Newberry County, Fairfield County, Lee County, Clarendon County and Florence County.